CASTLE FOREST HIKESaturday, Jul 02, 2022 05:00 am to Saturday, Jul 02, 2022 04:00 pm
CASTLE FOREST HIKE
Castle Forest Lodge is located along the Kamweti Route, in Mount Kenya, proclaimed to be one of the most difficult routes when climbing this mountain.
Monkeys scurry across the dirt trails into the forest; birds fill the air with mysterious but beautiful melodies. The forest has buffalos and elephants too, but most of the time, they stay away from the trail.
The fog calls for a camera with a waterproof cover. For photography safari enthusiasts, Castle Lodge Forest provides a few spectacular landscapes of rivers and exotic forests.
Castle Forest Lodge is a moderate hike. The area was wet and cold when we started our hike. Our trek, despite foggy weather and a persistent drizzle, started on a dirt road right from the main gate. We walked over two bridges, into a steep elephant trail, and one of the muddiest trails I have ever hiked. The drizzle formed a halo of dew over our hair and despite the biting cold, we were sweating.
The Hike Is Flagged Off From Castle Forest Lodge On The Southern Slopes Of Mount Kenya. The Trail Leads You On Old Elephant Pathways Through Dense Rain And Bamboo Thickets Of Mt. Kenya Up To The Waterfall. During The Hike, You Will Enjoy Scenic Views Of The Mt Kenya Peaks, Beautiful Calming Waterfalls, Rainforest Tranquility, And Serenity.
Castle Forest Hike Stats
Distance: 20km, 10km to the waterfall and back
Trek Difficulty: Moderate to high
Audience: First-time hikers, and anybody looking for a fun walk in the forest.
The Trip Includes:
- Road-trip From Nairobi To Castle Forest Lodge And Back.
- Stop Over At Nice Digital (Mwea) For Breakfast And Buying Snacks/ Packed Lunch (Optional And Self-sponsored)
- The Hike Is Flagged Off From Castle Forest Lodge On Southern Slopes Of Mount Kenya
- The Trail Leads You On Old Elephant Pathways Through Dense Rain And Bamboo Thickets Of Mt. Kenya Up To The Waterfall
- During The Hike, You Will Enjoy Scenic Views Of The Mt Kenya Peaks, Beautiful Calming Waterfalls, Rainforest Tranquility And Serenity
- You, Will, Have An Opportunity To Swim At The Waterfall
- Hiking With A Great Team Where You Can Make Friends And Business Networks
- A Good Way Of Keeping Fit As You Enjoy The Adventurous Trail
The Package Covers:
- Transport From Nairobi And Back In A Spacious Tour Bus/ Van
- Entry Fees To The Park
- Professional Tour Guides
- Armed Guards
- Mineral Water
You, Will, Bring Along:
- Extra Water – About 2 Litres
- Warm Clothes And Raincoat
- Hiking Boots With Good Grips
- Clothes To Change